Lakeview Golf Course is an outstanding 27 hole golf facility awaiting you just east of Harrisonburg, VA. Each of our nines, Lake, Forest, and Mountain offer varied characteristics that make play fairly designed, playable and challenging. There are unique opportunities for all golfers of all skill levels. The Lake nine, completed in 1967, and lying on the south side of Shenlake Drive offers views of two spring fed irrigation ponds from three different holes and a small pond fronts the ninth green. On the Forest nine, utilizing holes completed in 1976 and 1987, and as the name implies, features trees and woods in prominent positions on each of the nine holes. The fairways are fair in every respect, and the tee locations offer reasonable challenges for all golfers. The Mountain nine, completed in 2001, offers wide fairways, large greens, and spectacular views of the Shenandoah Valley. The blue championship tees on this nine offer the longest hitters the opportunity to let the ball fly. Other tees are certainly available on the Mountain nine. Lakeview offers a great product at reasonable green fees and cart fees, and we offer course memberships and cart plans to our frequent customers.
Subtle undulating greens and a well-maintained rolling landscape are just some of the reasons Lakeview Golf Club is widely recognized at the best 36-hole facility in the Shenandoah Valley. Winning the award “Best of the Valley” for golf by the readers of the Daily News-Record in 2013 and 2014 surely solidifies Lakeview standing as one of the best for many years to come.
The service-friendly atmosphere and professional staff foster enjoyment of the game at any level. Lakeview plays host to many of the area’s top golf events and has an outstanding practice complex for long game, short game and putting practice. Get ready for the complete golf experience at the jewel of golf in the Valley. Lakeview is located just a few miles of I-81 at exits 245 & 247.
Lakeview provides a professional shop, grill, year round play, hosts many golf events, and has a full service practice facility for driving, chipping, and putting. Our friendly, professional staff provides a warm and inviting atmosphere. Widely recognized as the best golf facility in the region, we look forward to your patronage.
Policies and Information
- Dress Code – Proper golf attire is required on property.
- All players must check in with the Pro Shop.
- All golfers must have their own set of golf clubs.
- Begin play at the nine holes assigned and rotate to the proper back nine.
- Singles & Twosomes are prohibited until 2 p.m. unless authorized by the Pro Shop.
- No Fivesomes allowed from April 1 to November 1.
- Maximum of 2 bags and 2 riders per golf cart.
- ABC Regulations: Alcohol purchased off-site is prohibited on property. Violations will be confiscated. Personal coolers are prohibited.
- Metal spikes and rubber cleats are not permissible.
- All golf carts must remain on property and remain on cart paths by tee boxes and greens.
- Please replace divots, repair ball marks, and rake bunkers after use.
- Do not pick up or play practice range golf balls.
- Tee Times may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance.
- Lakeview reserves the right to waive tee time privileged for anyone found to misuse the reservation system.
Tee Time Cancellation and Rain Check Policy
Lakeview requires a 24 hour notice of any cancellation. All cancellations must be made by phone calling (540) 434-8937. No shows may be charged a full green. Rain Checks are issued for only extreme weather situations that includes but not limited to severe storms and lightning. In the event the course is deemed unplayable by the Course Superintendent Rain Checks will be issued. Rain Checks are issued based on your position of play at the point of interruption and are equal to a pro-rated position of the fees paid. There are no rain checks offered to golfers on holes 16, 17, & 18.
To receive a rain check golfers must present starter receipt to the golf shop. All Rain Checks carry a 60 day expiration. Golfers are requested to evacuate the golf course in they feel threatened by lightning. The golf course may blow a horn to signal evacuation. All golfers are subject to play at their own risk and cannot hold Lakeview Golf Club responsible for any injury or accident.